- Prof. Dr. Heiko Jacobs
- Winter Semester 2020/2021
- mittwochs, 14:15 - 15:45 Uhr
- BigBlueButton Videokonferenzraum (Moodle)
- Lecture in Moodle
- Lecture in LSF
- Linked Lectures:
Structured presentation of the theory and practice of how corporations make financial decisions
- get familiar with modern concepts and methods of analyzing optimal financial decision making in corporations,
- can evaluate the empirical validity of leading models and apply them to solve real-world problems in corporate financial decision making,
- are able to understand and explain discrepancies between the theory and the practice of corporate finance,
- can evaluate scientific studies accurately, understand the methodology used in leading papers of the field, can interpret estimation results correctly and analyze them critically,
- can communicate and debate topics of the lecture in a structured and professional way.
- Statement Analysis
- Investments Capital Budgeting, and DCF Valuation
- Valuation of Bonds and Stocks
- Risk and Return
- Capital Market Equilibrium and Cost of Capital
- Project Analysis and Real Options
- Capital Structure and Payout Policy
- Behavioral Corporate Finance
- Brealey/ Myers / Allen: “Principles of Corporate Finance”, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Ross/Westerfield/Jaffe: “Corporate Finance”, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Berk/DeMarzo: “Corporate Finance”, Pearson Prentice Hall, Boston.
Methods of Assessment:
The module-related examination is performed by a written test (usually 60-90 minutes).
Students are assumed to have undergraduate level knowledge of finance and economics. Some basic knowledge of statistics/econometrics is helpful to understand empirical research conducted in the research papers. A sufficient level of spoken and written English language skills is necessary.
You can access the Moodle course via the password in the materials below after a login. Enrollment in the Moodle course is only possible within the respective semester (01.10.2020 - 31.03.2021).
- The course material is only available to a restricted user group. You are either not logged in or not in the usergroup.